Information on the Membership
I. A person can join the bbk berlin e.V. without further examination by the admission committee if they:
- can prove a degree in Fine Art (Bachelor, Diplom, Master, Meisterschüler*in or an equivalent degree) from a state recognised German or comparable foreign Art University.
- have been a member of another bbk association, a member of the Deutscher Künstlerbund or the Fine Arts section of the "Akademie der Künste" or the GEDOK.
- are a student of Fine Art at a state recognized Art University, College or Academy.
II. A person can join the bbk berlin e.V. after further examination by the admission committee if they:
- provide verification of a professional exhibition practices and/ or publication practices and/ or of a continuous artistic activity.
III. For examination by the Admission Committee (see II) the following documents must be submitted:
- Membership application form
- Application form for the admission committee
- Artist CV
- The detailed requirements in regard to the documents to be submitted can be found in the "Application form for the examination by the admission committee".
- Based on the submitted material the admission committee will decide if further documents/materials for the documentation and/or the submission of originals are required.
- A legal claim to admission to the berufsverband bildender künstler*innen berlins e.V. does not exist.
Download Forms (please submit by post / letter mail):
- Membership application form (doc)
- Membership application form (pdf)
- Application form for the admission committee (doc)
- Application form for the admission committee (pdf)
- Admission Guidelines (pdf)
The next meeting of the Admission Committee will take place in April
Application deadline: 03 April 2019 (incoming in the office, postmark does not count)
Announcement of the results: Beginning of May 2019.
The annual fees are currently:
- 116 euros regular
- 85 euros reduced
- 30 euros for students.
(See conditions in the membership application form)
- Professional legal protection, Legal advice/ KSK
- Tax advice
- Insurance advice
- Legal advice on studio rental (to all artists living in Berlin)
- Discount on art materials
- Information for members
- The membership card provides free or reduced rate entry to museums all over Europe (except “SMKP”, museums of the Prussian cultural heritage foundation - see list published on our website).
- members artists archiv
Bank details for transfers to the bbk berlin (membership fees etc.):
bbk berlin e.V.