JOIN US ! Member Admission
Direct admission is one possibility with proof by
- a degree in Fine Art (Bachelor, Diplom, Master, Meisterschüler*in or an equivalent degree) from a state recognised German or comparable foreign Art University.
- a membership of another bbk association or of the Deutscher Künstlerbund or the Fine Arts section of the "Akademie der Künste" or the GEDOK.
- a certificate of matriculation in visual arts at a state recognized Art University, College or Academy.
For direct admission, the following documents must be submitted by post:
- Membership application form (doc) / (pdf)
- Proof (copy of diploma, bbk/GEDOK-membershipcard etc., certificate of matriculation)
Admission by the admissions committee with proof by
- a professional exhibition practices and/ or
- publication practices and/ or
- a continuous artistic activity.
The detailed requirements in regard to the documents to be submitted can be found in the "Application form for the examination by the Admissions Committee. Based on the submitted material the Admissions Committee will decide if further documents/materials for the documentation and/or the submission of originals are required.
The following documents must be submitted by post for admission by the Admissions Committee:
A digital recording process is currently being carried out. Therefore, additional documents must also be submitted digitally - see here:
A legal claim to admission to the berufsverband bildender künstler*innen berlin e.V. does not exist.
The next meeting of the admission committee will take place in September 2020.
Application deadline: 23rd August 2020
Announcement of the results: Beginning of October 2020
Membership annual Fee
- 116 euros regular
- 85 euros reduced
- 30 euros for students.
(See conditions in the membership application form)
The executive board must be notifed of any resignation by e-mail or by post, giving three months' notice to the end of the year (post must be received by 1 October of the current year at the latest). We kindly ask you to pay any contributions outstanding until then. Membership of the bbk berlin refers to the current calendar year.